Design - Build - Install.
S.P. Interiors has 42 years experience
There is a difference in the quality and longevity to blinds. This is exemplified with a dedicated and task-orientated installation. Picture No. 6 of this pages Gallery ( first screen ) is of a flush-mount Solarium with the Duette SmartShade system we did in the early 2000s. No one else could then or to date now, do a flush-mount install. No bevel depth, no glazing bars to side mount. Across eighteen feet of covered glass - our spacing break between Duettes was LESS THAN 2 INCHES. Besides a stellar installation - this Duette job for this upscale vacation property added an insulation factor that no other product could.
Picture No. 22 is another persepctive shot.
We've been highlighting the benefits of R Values with blinds ( and drapery ) for decades.
Only Hunter Douglas has the myriad of R&D , proprietary products, thorough testing to solely have steadfast R Value numbers to the respective products. A Semi-Opaque Duette Architella " cell within a cell " honeycomb carries a R Value of 5.48. Compare the light-filtering privacy of a HD Semi-Opaque to any competitor single cell honeycomb - and you'll see their lesser difference instantly.
Go to the very last photo in this pages Gallery. This is a competitors' single cell " privacy " honeycomb - that is supposed to provide privacy. If you can see through during the day - imagine at nightime with lights on inside ?! The fact that you can see this competitor blinds strings in the fabric is proof positive it is NOT a privacy functioning shade.
These competitor's cellulars won't ever last like a Hunter Douglas Duette.
How can we say this ?
Ask us how many competitor cellulars have come in for repair for the cells acoming apart with failed adhesive. Way too many.
Then ask us how many Hunter Douglas Duettes have seen this since 1988 ? None
While it may seem like brand-bashing - we call it educating the buyer. No other blind company has the quality built into their product like Hunter Douglas does. From materials used, treated, and cured to the lifting systems. There's always a cheaper blind available - but knowing that we have clients with decades old HD blinds - the adage " you get what you pay for " rings hard.
Then ask if the other vendor & alternate product has GreenGuard certification ? Hunter Douglas carries this on ALL products. If it isn't GreenGuard certified - ask about off-gas and potential harm to your family and home.
- know what tube sizes HD uses for increasing widths
- know how the HD Clutches & spring count increase with the tube size.
- know your HD Bottom Rail choices
- know that HD Spring Assist shades have 30" of pre-tightened springs within the tube. No one else does this.
- know that HD tubes are grooved so the Clutch never ' slips '. Sounds simple but is a malady for many a cheap vendor.
- Too oftern a product ' sold ' by other vendors without educating the client. . Ask us why we say this.
- 5.48 Semi-Opaque R Value & 7.72 Opaque R Value for Duette Architella
- Ask us to show you how a competitive vendors single cell opaque shade will grey every colour. Duette Architellas are a cell within a cell and this does not happen. HD Reception Oxford Opaque is a soft white colour - not a greyed white.
- Hunter Douglas Ultraglide standard for all shades lifting system - easily replaceable on site. No other competitor has this system.
- Our pricing structure has the Top Down Bottom Up almost the same as the Bottom Up. That is a statement.
- Hunter Douglas LiteRise is a sealed unit of two opposite cones spring loaded with colour coded transmissions. Headrail is sealed and heavy duty. Easily replaced modules at our shop. One competitor vendor has an open headrail with all plastic gears - not even a comparison.
- Vertiglide - solely the greatest product choice for any slider / door combination. 3rd generation headrail is extremely long lasting. We exceed factory deductions as this product needs to be 1/4" off the floor. No one else hones attention to detail like S.P. Interiors.
- We clean them - we cut them down. There's no other product like a HD Silhouette. Warrantied that you can use low-psi air gun blasting for dust removal. That is a statement.
- Three vane sizes and a myriad of lifting options.
- There is a competitive vendor alternate that is so substandard to the Silhouette - we won't wash them or clean them for fear of product damage. That is a statement.
1" and 2" Slatted blinds
- Aluminum .06 and .08 gauge tempered slats. No one else makes this.
- Steel-geared tilter mechanisms - a statement as too many cheap vendor clind companies have all plastic tilter mechanisms.
- DeLight feature has no centre slat router holes.
- Parkwood basswood blinds are cured slats that are as close to straight as possible. No one else cures the wood to such tolerances. Ask us - we'll tell you the differences.
- The simple fact that Hunter Douglas offers a 10-C Battery pack is a statement. No one else does. Average lifespan is 3-5 years. Whereas a 12-AA battery pack is annual replacement.
- Hunter Douglas battery packs are not sealed - you can replace the batteries easily ( it's actually a service we offer to ensure the product is back to working as it was before. Upper and Lower limits correct. Number assignment to wall/remote/app as before battery change ). Many a cheap blind company has sealed units - that are not easil sourced.
- Too many blind vendors sell you insufficient remote/wall switches. Seven blinds on 2 switches. We see it daily. Every motorized shade we sell with have a singular number assignment to it's remote PLUS a common " All " switch. It's that simple and should be for you. To undersupply you with less switching than motors is just plain silly and insulting.
- Connectors . A Hunter Douglas low and line voltage connector has a Philips screw tighten/loosen for each and every wire. Solid. Competitors use a penny connector that cannot be tightened or loosened - and the entire module comes apart with the twist of hand. One small part of a very important system.
- Bracketing. A Hunter Douglas Powerview Roller Shade has a locking motor-side system that ensures the shade is locked in. In fact this system has such finite tolerances - it makes our installation demanding. 1/8" will prevent this bracket to lock - so we have to do it right. No one else has this system.
- Powerview App & Powerview Hub. Endless versatility and multi-user interfacing.
We're just starting to update this website . . . so come back often to see the additions here. There's more to come.
Save Time and Money
We also provide in-house installation services to save you time and money. Discover the possibilities and explore your options when you schedule a free in-home consultation with the designers at S.P. Interiors.
- Horizontal blinds – Basswood, 6-and 8-gauge aluminum, faux wood, motorization available.
- Silhouette Shades - Hunter Douglas started it all in the 80s. We'll educate you on vane sizes, semi-opaque and blackout options, lifting systems. Not only will we educate you entirely on this product - we also clean them. Usually a five year cycle - we take down the shades, disassemble them, wash the fabrics until rinse cycle is clean, reassemble and hang to dry. They're a sheer curtain - and just as we've been cleaning Sheers for 40 years - our experience benefits you.
- Honeycomb shades – 3/8”, ¾”, 11/4”, semi-opaque privacy, opaque black-out, battery or hard-wired motorization available.
- Vertiglide Duette Shades are the most amazing thing you can utilize for your Patio and Nana Door options. We exceed factory deductions - so your Vertiglide from S.P. Interiors is but 1/4" off the carpet / flooring.
- Privacy sheer – sheer vertical blinds of your choice, mated with industry-standard thickest gauge PVC slat. All hems blind stitched. We manufacture each Privacy Sheer curtain in our workroom.
- Roller shades – Phifer SheerWeave®, semi-opaque privacy, opaque black-out, motorization available.
- Skylights – framed and pleated shade or honeycomb blinds with no light gaps. Complimentary extension pole, battery or hard-wired motorization available. SheerWeave panel affixed to Velcro on frame is cost-effective and light-filtering.
- Shutters – 2 1/2", 3 1/2” , and 4 /2" blade sizes available. We've been selling and installing Shutters longer than most competitors have been in business. Ask us about Shutters and we'll highlight two main integral product options that not a one competitor does. We're not kidding.