Washing of Sheers, Draperies, Valances, Silhouettes, Luminettes, Honeycombs, and Roller Shades
Four Decades of experience - take down, cleaning & pressing, re-hang
Since the early 1980's - S.P. Interiors has facilitated professional quality cleaning services for a multitude of window treatments. Sheers, Overdrapery, Valances, Silhouettes, Luminettes, and Duette shades. Pickup, cleaning, pre-hang in our hanging area, and re-installation.
From regular Spring cleaning to making room for painting and/or renovations - our cleaning services are unmatched. How so ?
- Sheers and washables are washed until the rinse cycle is clean - hung damp to dry in our pre-hang area. That in itself is a statement as the number of wash cycles can be numerous - and no one but us adheres to pre-hanging drapery time.
- Materials requiring dry cleaning then require a thorough press / steam / hanging procedure.
- Luminettes, Silhouettes, and Duettes are disassembeled to fabric only. No matter the lifting system - manual or motorized - nothing of the controls and lifiting assembly gets wet. No one else adheres to this protocol for cleaning.
- All of this labour intensive - and is reflective of a ~ 3 to 5 year cycle. While some customers have their Sheers washed every other year - most people don't have to worry with Luminettes, Silhouettes, and Duettes for 5 - 7 years.
- Quite often parts are ordered for blinds being cleaning, alterations are done for curtains cleaned. Not only do we repair blinds such as re-cording and cut downs - we ensure we get the product to optimum performance.
- The re-hang of curtains will always entail a review of the track / rodding. If we did the original installation - chances are it's a simple lubrication of track and a few other details. If we didn't do the original install - a high percentage of the time it is reinforcing brackets to headers via longer screws or toggles ( it's frustrating to see but we correct it ) and making sure it's solid.
Contact our office for more information.